The Communications Office of Gimnasio Moderno is a department under the Principal’s Office of the school. Its main function is to define the Communication Policies for each of the communication media that the school has. It designs the necessary communication strategies to generate a unified and coherent message, faithful to the founding ideals of the institution, to create links that unite all the school’s departments, its internal public (students, teachers, parents, directors, general service employees and administrative collaborators) and external audiences (former students, gymnasium neighbors, local and global citizens), providing them with pertinent information about everything that happens in school life, promoting and projecting the institutional image, its history and its challenges for the future.
The following are the media of the Gimnasio Moderno:
Oficial Website of Gimnasio Moderno
A showcase before the world, in which the latest news about the school are published, information about pedagogical processes and projects, recognition of members of the community, an exhibition of services to the public, spaces to carry out internal procedures, consult institutional documents and publish photographs, audios or videos showing the life of the school.
Radio Gimnasio Moderno
With radio transmission 24 hours a day, through the website, the Mobile App and speakers located on campus. It features two types of programming: The first, entertainment, which is carried out by the students in the rest areas during the school day; the second, Pedagogical, which is designed by the teachers for a specific purpose and is recorded to be broadcast later at night.
La Raqueta TV
It is the audiovisual production project that condenses the making of the gymnastic news: The Raqueta, and the production of all the visual material of the school that contemplates the historical audiovisual archive and the trainings for teachers and parents. All the Raqueta Televisión material is made available on the cloud video platforms, to be shared on the Web Page and the Mobile App.
Through the school’s official accounts, Facebook FanPage, Instagram and Twitter, permanent contact is maintained with the community and citizens, transmitting them the school’s thought and the day-to-day life of the school.
With the aim of reaching out ever more closely to members of the community, a free application has been developed that allows anyone interested to access the school’s news, videos, audios, history, messages, services and procedures from any mobile device.
Hand in hand with the Cultural Agenda and the Teachers’ Academy, the fundamental books are produced to understand the history of the school, the thought of its founders, the academic contributions of the teachers, the latest developments of the school; as well as the texts that serve as support for the students’ classes or its cultural diffusion.
It is the radio program produced by Radio Gimnasio Moderno and which is broadcast by the most important cultural stations in the country (HJUT 106.9 FM and www.hjck.com). Its content explores the life of a composer and/or singer in their cultural environment. This program is a sample of the cultural and intellectual level that is lived in the School.
The functions of the Communications Office of the Gimnasio Moderno are:
1) Defining the administration, updating and monitoring policies of the School Databases.
2) Organizing the operation of Radio Gimnasio Moderno and its programming.
3) Producing the Music Chronicles programs that are broadcast through the stations with which the school has alliances.
4) Making all the institutional audiovisual material of the school, from its conceptualization, scripts, production, to its dissemination.
5) Creating and sending all e-mails, in addition to managing shipments and evaluating their results.
6) Determining the policies and managing the Official Website of the Gimnasio Moderno on the Internet, as well as creating its contents and monitoring its impact on the community and citizens.
7) Making a photographic record of the events of the Gimnasio’s community, as well as carrying out the administration and catalogue processes of the historical archive.
8) Graphically designing all the institutional material of the school, from its conception to its printing or electronic dissemination, always trying to preserve the correct use of the corporate image that is included in the manual created by the Communications Office for this purpose.
9) Producing the contents that will be published in the Mobile App of the Gimnasio Moderno.
10) Managing the official accounts that the school has on Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
11) Managing inventories and dissemination of the School’s Publications Fund, and contributing to the development of new publications.
12) Designing, hiring and executing the institutional events of the school.
13) Addressing complaints, finding solutions and following up comments that are manifested to the school through the website, e-mail and the Mobile App.
14) Managing the school’s historical archive.
15) Work as the Head of Press and Public Relations when talking to the national and international media.
16) Producing and authorizing the production of all promotional material which has the institutional image of the school.
17) Evaluating the audiences, channels, contents, delivery systems and the effectiveness of each designed communication strategy. If necessary, make all the improvements to achieve the proposed objectives.
This post is also available in: Spanish